The NVCCM was started during the lockdown. 15 People volunteered to collect data. Work was done in Haryana, Rajasthan and Karnataka.
The focus of the National Vaccine Cold Chain Mission
- Understanding the current National Vaccine Distribution Network. Work will be divided between district level, state level coordinators and existing information available online from varied states and centre’s will be collated to form the current landscape.
- Connecting with the relevant stakeholders
- Understanding the shortcomings of the existing supply chain
- Identifying the gaps to be addressed and identifying possible hub locations and distribution locations on a national, state and district levels.
- Helping the infrastructure volunteering to become part of the network to meet the guidelines as set by the government for vaccine distribution in India
We want to use our network knowledge and expertise in the cold chain sector. To help the community in these dire circumstances. To prepare for the distribution requirement that we can foresee coming in the months to come.
It was closed with a strong understanding and belief that existing available systems were sufficient and capable enough of handling any vaccine requirements.
Vaccine Supply Chain Network has been established in partnership with SpiceJet. Network details are available online.